Thursday, November 27, 2008

Saturday, November 22nd

All the intense meeting and the traveling to Kenema caught up with me and I ended up spending the majority of Saturday resting. The old body just said enough is enough and I am trying to learn to listen to it, or else I pay the price!!

However, at lunch I met another guest of the center, Mr. Abraham John, who is the Executive Secretary of the Human Rights Commission of Sierra Leone. As we chatted about our work he became very interested in our Restorative Justice Project and passed on to me three studies that he had on hand that support our work – it was welcomed documentation for Sierra Leone.

In the evening I also met Katherina Boehm, the German nurse who was with me during those frightful times of 1998 when I was wounded. If it had not been for her, I probably would be dead. She is here for two weeks, attending her annual check on the progress of the primary health outreach of the diocese through Panguma Hospital which is now reopened. Sr. Theresa Flynn is permanent in Kenema and supervises the development of that hospital and the primary health care outreach. It was a great reunion again.

No comments: