Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 4th. Election Day in the USA

It is my first full day here in Ghana. We started the day with Eucharist, at which a very powerful sharing was had. The reading from St. Paul reminded us that what we are about is not directed to success as much as it is to fidelity and the witnessing of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. That puts all our work in a different perspective.

My main contact here in Ghana from SECAM called. He has a lead or two he had to follow up with and he would get back to me. That was the good news. The bad news is he hasn't gotten back to me yet today. But all is not lost since I needed the day to read up on the tape recording device I brought along and have yet to use efficiently. In the evening I did meet a good friend of the sisters here who is a taxi driver, a student of IT and from the North. There is a very good possibility I will be able to go with him to meet some of the people from the North who work and live here in Accra and hear their stories of war, displacement, and hopefully restoration. Stay tuned!

No comments: